Planting Empowerment shareholders and interested parties can see the social and environmental benefits of our forests firsthand. This is a great way to get a sense of the business at the ground level.
- See how you are supporting local communities
- Experience the biodiversity while walking through the understory of our forests
- Learn about the tropical woods we grow
- Compare the environmental aspects of our forests to monoculture plantations
- Listen to our community forestry partners describe how we work together
See it Firsthand
Download the field guide to take an advanced tour
You will get a tour of our work in the Darien province - Panama’s “new frontier”- which was settled over 25 years ago by migrant subsistence farmers and ranchers who now compete for land with local indigenous communities. While the Darien is threatened by significant deforestation, it is also home to some of the world’s richest biodiversity, including exotic bird species.
Shareholders come away excited about seeing the impact of their investment firsthand.